"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hairstyling Challenge - Day 7

Today's hairstyle theme is: A Movie Character

Today is the last day of  this Hairstyling Challenge! 

I chose this Jane Eyre hairstyle:





I have done this style once before and you can see my post about it at Old-Fashioned Charm. I used The Jane Eyre hair tutorial at Feelin' Feminine for this style.



My hair was very dry with waves left over from my braids yesterday. 
I donned the black sweater set in honor of Jane Eyre.


It turned out messier than I had hoped (especially on the left side of the bun) and I also forgot that Jane Eyre's bun has visible braids wrapped around it. Oops!


 My contacts were bothering my eyes but it made for an interesting photo.


Criss-crossed braids in the back. 
It didn't turn out too bad considering the time and hair conditions I had to work with. 


I didn't keep this style in all day because I had to shower and go to town to celebrate my mom's birthday. But it was nice while it lasted and I'll definitely do this style again! 

Much thanks to Farmgirl for hosting this Hairstyling Challenge! I've really enjoyed fixing my hair in different ways and sharing photos with you! Thanks to Jemimah and Mel for all the lovely comments they've left for me this week!

Don't forget to visit A Simple Farmgirl to see her Day 7 hairstyle and enter her giveaways before she picks the winners!

God Bless,
Miss Laurie :)





3 comments:

  1. I always wanted to try one of those type of hairstyles!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DON"T PUBLISH THIS PLEASE!!!!

    Could you please email me here living4him101@yahoo.com

    cause you won the Fancy Schamncy giveaway and I need your address and the pattern you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful hairstyle! I love the braids in the back that roll into a bun. :)

    Have a wonderful day! xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete