"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Friday, June 17, 2011

Hairstyling Challenge - Day 6


Today's hairstyle theme is: Fresh For Summer

Check out Farmgirl's Day 6 hairstyle at A Simple Farmgirl!



I wanted something pretty, feminine and summery! 
Plus I've been wanting to try this hairstyle again, I tried it last winter for the first time and really loved the results!


This is called the Rupunzel Braid because it's patterned after Rapunzel's hairstyle in the Tangled movie. This style was created by TorinPaige, a lady on YouTube who has amazingly long hair and does fabulous hairstyling videos.  


Even though my hair is only medium length this style works pretty well. 


It's basically two Dutch (inside out or raised) French braids on the sides coming together in a standard English braid on the back. 

The only difference is that when you make the French braids you only add hair to the outside strand (never from the center of the head) and you make two tiny braids at the base of your neck to add into your braid at the bottom.


Add a pretty summery flower and you're ready for a summer picnic or shopping trip!


I also feel a little like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm or Pollyanna with my braid and my flower!


Later I'll be sporting this style as I go shopping for my mom's birthday. It was another lovely summer day and I'm very thankful for my photographer sister Miss Bea for the many lovely photos she took!


 Please don't forget to visit A Simple Farmgirl and join in on the fun! 

I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of this challenge, it's been so much fun!

God Bless,
Miss Laurie :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh,VERY pretty!! Your awesome at braiding.

    (just to let you know tomorro's theme is movie character.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hairstyle is so lovely! And I love the addition of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments ladies! It's taken a lot of practice but I really enjoy braiding and the effect is lovely.

    Farmgirl, thanks for letting me know what the theme will be tomorrow. If I had known I would have waited and used this hairstyle for Day 7! But now I have the added fun of coming up with another hairstyle based on a movie character. :)

    ~Miss Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you braided your hair and added a flower to it!

    ReplyDelete