"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hairstyling Challenge - Day 3


Today's theme was: Half

It was a bit tricky to come up with something that wasn't copycatting Framgirl's hairstyle. So I just made something up and it turned out better than I expected.


This does look like an inverted ponytail but it's really not. My hair was very wet when I did this style and it actually worked very well.


 I parted my hair in the front on the side. 


 First I divided my hair in half horizontally at the back of my head. Then dividing the bottom section into two sections I brought them up over my hanging top layer and braided the two sections together. Using my small topsy tail tool I tucked the braid into the center of the hair below. 


I did use one tiny elastic to tie off the braid so it wouldn't unravel and I did have to use two bobbypins to tuck in some stray hairs. I was pleased that I didn't have to use a lot of hair accessories for this style.

I rather like it and will definitely do this style again. 

I had though of doing a hair tutorial video for this style. What do you all think? Did I explain it well enough or would a video be helpful?

Don't forget to check out the lovely Day 3 hairstyle post at A Simple Farmgirl. I know she'd love it if you joined in!

Much love,
Miss Laurie :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow,this hairstyle is too cute!!

    Thank you for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete