"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hairstyling Challenge - Day 1

This is a different sort of posting from my normal books and writings posts that I do here at Rather Bookish. Normally I'd post this over at my main blog Old-Fashioned Charm but I have a series of very special posts coming up there and didn't want these hairstyle posts to get over shadowed by them.

There's a lovely Hairstyling Challenge over at A Simple Farmgirl that sounds so fun! A week long of a new hairstyle each day. Each day participants are encouraged to fix their hair in a different way and post pictures on their blogs. I'll be joining in for most of the days.

Some of the days have themed hairstyles. Today's theme is: You decide.



 Today I really wanted my hair up, so I came up with this style which is similar to my favorite up-do. This style and my outfit over all today reminded me of a 1920's-1930's up-do that I've seen in many Poirot and Miss Marple films.



After parting my hair in the front on the left hand side (my favorite parting) I used silver barrettes to pin back the front sides. Then I braided the rest of my hair in one single English braid. 


To make a bun I basically rolled the braid up so that the ends were tucked down inside. Then I just bobby pinned the bun into place. I did use a few small plastic claw clips to make sure the very top of the braid held securely to my head. 


 This hairstyle was very easy to do and I was especially pleased with the side view.

I'm very excited to be joining in with this hairstyle challenge and look forward to sharing my photos with all of you!

Go check out Farmgirl's lovely hairstyle at A Simple Farmgirl and hopefully you'll be inspired to join the challenge too!

God Bless,
Miss Laurie :)

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! Thank you for linking up. I look foreward to viewing the rest of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this hairstyle, it looks so pretty, I really should try doing something like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting and pretty way to bun your hair. I'd love to see more of your hairstyle challenge posts!

    ReplyDelete