"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Friday, February 13, 2009

Waiting Patiently

God's plan for my life continues to unfold daily and yet I can't help hoping that one day His plan will include marriage and a family of my own.

The poem below was inspired by a couple sermons, summer crushes, and another poem. I think it probably rhymes a bit too much but it is pretty much the prayer of my heart.

What will he be like Lord?
Strong and brave and true?
Will he be an old time friend
Or maybe someone new?

Will he have a quiet heart
Or boisterous may he be?
Will he want to follow you?
Will he really love me?

What will he look like Lord?
Not sure I really care
Just let him be tall and fine
With a full head of hair.

May he have inner beauty
Always shining through
In goodness and in holiness
Let him model you.

Let him want children, Lord
As many as can be had.
Let him be romantic
And a loving dad.

Let him have a sense of humor
Be sociable, be kind
Respectful of his elders
This man let me find.

I don't know where he is right now
But this one thing I pray
Keep him whole, keep him pure
For our wedding day.

Father, give him wisdom
As he waits for me
Grow him up and teach him
My husband soon to be.

Lord, you know my heart's desires
You know I long for this man
Please help me to wait patiently
On your master plan.


~Waiting Patiently, Laurie Michael - July 2008 at River of Life Bible Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment