"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Posting Again

Wow! It's been quite a while since I've posted here at Rather Bookish! Sorry about that folks! Guess I was going through a really dry patch for creative writing. Some inspiration has come back to me over the past month and I've been doing research, becoming friends with my characters and generally plotting up a storm!



So what am I writing? 

Something that doesn't have an official title yet but I'm calling it The Margaret Story (TMS) for now because the main character is named...wait for it...Margaret (big surprise!).
It's a story set in Regency England that is very heavily influenced by Jane Austen's works. TMS is actually connected to a group of four stories that I've been mulling over in my mind for several years now - one of these is the Cassandra Northcliff Story which I had tried to write during NaNoWriMo three years ago but found details at the beginning hard to figure out because I hadn't finished TMS. The other two stories in this group have main characters (one even has a name!) but not a clear outline on either one - these two might not happen but I'd really really love to write Margaret's and Cassandra's stories.


So I'm going to try posting some of the work I've been doing on TMS characters. I'm hoping that maybe if I share bits of my story and characters with other people that my characters will become more real to me and some more bugs in my story will work their way out.

So I'm off to write a bit about Margaret...



1 comment:

  1. Heavily influenced by Jane Austen? Definitely my cup of tea.

    Yes, thank you, Mary, I think we have all apprehended that much.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete