"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Beautiful People: Charlotte Lutterell

Charlotte is Margaret's cousin and best friend and is a sort of secondary heroine of The Margaret Story (TMS).


What is her full name? - Charlotte Anne Lutterell

What name does she go by? - Charlotte, Miss Lutterell and sometimes Lottie by her family.

Does her name have a special meaning? - not really, she was named after her two grandmothers.

What hair and texture does she have? - Silky blond.

What eye color does she have? - Medium to dark blue eyes.

Does she have any facial hair? - none

Does she have any distinguishing features? - I can't think of any right now, maybe dimples when she smiles. I know some will pop into my head when I'm writing more about her.

What height is she? - 5'2 to 5'4, and elegant height.

How does she smile and how often? - Her smile is sweet, charming, her mouth like her face is very pretty and she smiles frequently to show friendliness, genuinely and sometimes to cover up hurt or when she disagrees with someone.



What age is she at start of story? - age 6 to 7 at start of story, she's a year or two younger than Margaret, reaches age 19 or 20 by the end of story.

Sort of how I imagine Charlotte as a young girl.
What is her family situation? - Comes from a wealthy family, father, mother, cousin Margaret and younger brother Johnny, Mother's family live nearby.

Who are her friends? - Her cousin Margaret is her best friend, she has several acquaintances in the neighborhood of Glenford, good friends are Diana and Richard Hervey at neighboring Deerfield.

Does she have any enemies? - Richard & Diana Hervey who she thinks are her friends, Peggy sometimes seems like an enemy when she doesn't confide in her, sometimes her parents too.

What is her place of residence? - She was born in Glenford in England (probably the county of Cumberland?).

What is her social standing and occupation? - She is the daughter of a wealthy and respected man and wants for nothing. The occupation of her young life is to attract and marry a wealthy and respectable man.


What education did she receive? - She and her cousin Margaret are trained by their governess Miss Burton is all aspects of an elegant lady. Charlotte quickly picks up the more feminine arts such as sewing, drawing, dancing and playing while Margaret excels at the more intellectual parts of their studies.

What is her favorite activity or pastime? - Sewing, embroidery, letter writing, drawing, reading novels, dancing, playing latest songs on the piano forte, decorating hats, parties, balls and riding.

Is she serious or witty? - Witty, she can seldom be very serious and she's a bit silly.

What is her personality type? - Bubbly, fairly outgoing, sweet, kind, fun-loving, a people person, a bit spoiled by her parents, a bit vain, sometimes impatient, sometimes selfish, fashion and propriety sometimes overrule her heart or sense.

Does she play or sing? - Yes, both. She plays quite well and enjoys learning the latest songs. She sings a bit too and is often asked to exhibit at dinners and parties.

What are her goals and dreams? - True love, marriage, respectability, many children to fill her life, to be popular.


Okay, so now I know you're probably scratching your head and wondering "what does Charlotte actually look like?" The answer - I'm not quite sure myself. Right now I three actresses in mind that fit my idea of what Charlotte looks like.

My first choice was actress Georgia King but my sister said she wasn't pretty at all:

Next was actress Abbie Cornish and she is very pretty but in these photos she looks a bit more mature than Charlotte is:


A new addition to my list is Georgia Moffett, she's very pretty (maybe too pretty for Lottie) and capture the bubbliness and the youth of Charlotte:
 


So I'm not quite sure right now. Charlotte might just look quite different from these ladies, I'm sure as I write more about her her face will become more and more clear in my mind.





2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you wrote another blog, I follow you over at Old fashioned charm, and i must say I am so happy to find you here too.
    Your character sounds very nice, and I think georgia king is very pretty, as are all you choices. I usually don't see the face of the character immediately either. I have to say question number 6 made me laugh.
    You have a lovely blog, and its always nice to meet a fellow writer.
    Blessings ~ Rachel Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Hope,
    It's nice to meet you too! :)
    Thanks so much for stopping by and following Rather Bookish! Your comment was very encouraging to me!

    ReplyDelete