"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Ultimate Book Bash Tag - Part 2

Come to my Book Bash!
The Ultimate Book Bash at Austenitis


This is Part 2 of my answers to the Book Bash Tag from Charity U's The Ultimate Book Bash! You can read Part 1 and Part 3 will be posted soon!





11. Hardcover or softcover? - Softcover usually but I do like my Jane Austen novels to have hardcovers, they feel so nice and I can imagine being my favorite heroine reading novels in her father's library! :)


Rose in Bloom (Puffin Classics)Eight Cousins (Evergreen Classics)
12. Louisa May Alcott or Lucy Maud Montgomery? Name your favorite book by the author you chose. - This is tricky but I think Louisa May Alcott. I've read several of her books and enjoyed each of them more than the other! L.M. Montomery is lovely too but I haven't read as many of her books. My favorite Alcott book is Rose In Bloom but I also love Eight Cousins which is the first book!


Northanger Abbey (Penguin Classics)
13. Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte? Name your favorite book by the author you chose. - Jane Austen! There's no contest, Miss Austen rules the day every time! My favorite of hers is Northanger Abbey but I adore all of her other writings as well!


Stonewall
14. Would you rather read historical fiction about the sinking of the Titanic, or the Civil War? - The sinking of the Titanic has never interest me so I guess the Civil War. I'm not hugely interested in that either but I did enjoy a biography of Stonewall Jackson, and reading about a few other Civil War figures. 


The Complete Novels of Jane Austen, Vol. 2 (Emma / Northanger Abbey / Persuasion)North and South (Penguin Classics)A Christmas Carol (Dover Thrift Editions)
15. What's your favorite classic? Why? - This is terribly difficult to decide on just one! I adore all of Jane Austen's works, Elizabeth Gaskell's works (especially North and South), Charles Dickens' (especially A Christmas Carol), Robert Louis Stevenson, Sherlock Holmes stories, and a great many others!  


Little Women Publisher: Penguin Classics; Introduction by Elaine Showalter edition
16. Little Women or A Little Princess? - Little Women. I haven't read all of it but I really enjoy the story and the style of writing. 




17. What's your favorite time period to read about? - Mostly Regency and Victorian but I also enjoy Edwardian and 1920's-1930's as well.


In Freedom's Cause: A Story of Wallace and Bruce (Adventure)The Return of the King (The Lord of The Rings, Part 3)A Christmas Carol (Dover Thrift Editions)
18. G. A. Henty, J. R. R. Tolkien, or Charles Dickens? What's your favorite book or series by the author you chose? - I've only read G.A. Henty's In Freedom's Cause while in high school and I did really enjoy it. I've enjoyed listening to an audio book of Tolkien's Return of the King but didn't make it very far when reading The Hobbit on my own. I think that Charles Dickens would be my favorites though, but I've really only read A Christmas Carol. I have a long list of books by him that I really want to read!


Ivanhoe (Penguin Classics)
19. Ivanhoe or Ben-Hur? - Well...I haven't read either but, I do want to read Ivanhoe whereas I'm not that interested in Ben-Hur.


20. Name three books everyone should read. - This question is a bit more difficult. First of all the Bible is a given here; everyone should read the Bible even if it's the only book you ever read. Hmm...let's see, books everyone should read...these are just a few off the top of my head:
A Christmas Carol (Dover Thrift Editions)

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - Everyone knows the story line but not enough people a classic tale of a sinner getting a second chance at a better way of life.


The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Narnia)

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis - An exciting story that is good for all ages and tells the story of salvation at the same time.


The Four Loves

The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis - Love is the very nature of God, we love because He first loved us. Everyone should read this book because C.S. Lewis goes deep into the different kinds of love and the workings of the human heart to help believers understand themselves and God better. 


Part 3 of my answers will be up soon!

God Bless,
Miss Laurie :)

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting and enjoyable to read, Miss Laurie! I'm excited to read the rest of your answers!

    ReplyDelete