"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Ultimate Book Bash Tag - Part 1

Come to my Book Bash!
The Ultimate Book Bash at Austenitis


This are the first part of my answers to Charity U's tag for The Ultimate Book Bash. 


1. Name three books you love. - These are books that no matter how many times I read them I never tire of them and when I reach the last page I always say "I love this book!". I love Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, The Princess by Lori Wick and there's a tie for third place: A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke & The Mystery of Mary by Grace Livingston Hill


2. Name two books you enjoy, but that most people probably haven't heard of. - Both of these have been out of print from time to time so not too many people have heard of them. The Young Visiters by Daisy Ashford and Defender of the Faith by Charles Ludwig.


3. Name three series you love. - The Love Comes Softly Series by Janette Oke, Dinah Harris Series by Julie Cave, The Californians Series by Lori Wick


4. Name three authors you love! - Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, C.S. Lewis (the third was very difficult to decide on!)


5. How about three adventures or mysteries? Running Out Of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix, The House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo (and the rest of his Dreamhouse Kings series), Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (and all of her other books!). 


6. Three non-fiction? - These three are books that have strongly influenced my life and faither: I Kissed Dating Good-bye by Joshua Harris, Let Me Be A Woman by Elisabeth Elliot and What Happens When Women Walk In Faith by Lysa TerKeurst.


7. Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys? Which book in your favorite set is your favorite? I've always liked the Nancy Drew stories better, but I haven't read very many. When I was a young girl The Bobsey Twins, The Happy Hollisters and The Boxcar Children were the children's mystery fiction of my choice. 


8. Narnia or Harry Potter? Name your favorite from the series you like best. - No contest here! The Chronicles of Narnia books are some of my all time favorites! I've never read Harry Potter and don't intend too, the subject of wizards just isn't my cup of tea. My top three favorite Narnia books are as follows: The Silver Chair, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Horse and His Boy


9. A cookbook or a how-to-sew book? - A Cookbook! I love trying new recipes to serve to my family and friends!


10. Historical fiction or fantasy? Name three books you like from the genre you chose. - I love Historical fiction. Naming three favorites will be difficult but perhaps Mozart's Sister by Nancy Moser, Jane and the Man of the Cloth (Jane Austen mystery #2) by Stephanie Baron and Anastasia: The Last Grand Duchess, Russia, 1914 (The Royal Diaries) by Carolyn Meyer.



Part 2 and Part 3 will be coming soon!

Very Truly Your's,
Miss Laurie :)

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading your answers! "Northanger Abbey" and "A Gown of Spanish Lace" were both in my top 3 aswell- that is so awesome! And I really want to read Lori Wick's "The Princess"! I just never have gotten around to it.

    Hmm what else... The California Series by Lori Wick, I have read one of the books from that series and I remember enjoying it so I should probably read the rest too. I love the "Love Comes Softly" series too. And "the subject of wizards just isn't my cup of tea." haha, me too :)

    "Mozart's Sister" by Nancy Moser! Was it really good? I have been wanting to read it but I just wasn't sure. And I love those Royal Diaries Books, they are gorgeous!

    Great answers! I can't wait to read the next parts!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be reading Mozart's Sister soon, probably. I made a Music History class for myself as an elective (with the help of my brother ~ he knows as much about classical music as I do about Jane Austen...only he's been a longer study, so maybe more) and I thought it would be a good thing to read while I'm studying the Classical period. :) I just finished Baroque.

    I enjoyed reading your answers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Mozart's Sister' is a really good book. I read it a few years ago and really enjoyed the story line and laughed and cried with the heroine! Nancy Moser style of writing in lovely. I've been meaning to review this book. I hope you enjoy it Melody and Mel, I hope you also get a chance to read it too! :)

    ReplyDelete