"My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents." - Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Time Will Tell



Time Will Tell by Lauralee Bliss
A Heartsong Presents Romance, 15 Chapters, 170 Pages, Printed 2005


I've read a lot of Christian romance fiction in my time and there are many authors I love. This short book I picked up in October on a trip from New Jersey back to Maine. It made for some fun light reading for the long car ride.

Plot:  "Everyone loves a bargain - but Connie Ortiz gets more than she bargained for when she buys an old cuckoo clock at a yard sale. Suddenly, strange people begin entering her life. An elderly man appears at her doorstep, offering to buy the clock for an exorbitant sum. The older lady in change of the sale urges Connie to keep the clock at all cost. And her handsome boss arrives on the scene to play referee. Truth be told, Lance Adams care less about refereeing than he does about getting to know Connie. He finds her quite intriguing - but so, too, is her fascinations with a clock that everyone seems to want. What is it about this clock that has people in a frenzy - and Connie caught in the middle? Can love resolve this mystery? Only time will tell." - From the back cover

This was a fun light story with a bit of mystery and romance. I love that Christian values are upheld and that friendship is valued above romantic feelings. I've read several books from Heartsong Presents and have enjoyed most of them but they can be very fluffy with not much to them. This was a sweet fun read and I recommend it if you ever get a chance to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment